The latest news in Eastern Visayas region
 
 

Follow samarnews on Twitter

 
more news...

3 Leyte companies get DENR award

Barangay Combado fisherfolks to get P600,000 Livelihood Formation fund from DOLE

Agenda item for 2012

Daram mayor receives checks for Agrikulturang Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino

PNP beefs up Catbalogan police force for Christmas holidays

Light a Tree Contest in Samar draws unprecedented nightly crowd

Selling charity today

Establish firecracker and pyrotechnic zones, LGUs told

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ceasefire: ‘tis nothing but an illusion

By ANAD Partylist
December 18, 2011

QUEZON CITY  –  The Alliance for Nationalism and Democracy (ANAD) Partylist scoffed at the unilateral 18-day ceasefire declared by the government as nothing but an illusion!

ANAD Rep. Jun Alcover said that history tell us of the Maoist NPAs recklessness and consistently on a rampage against innocent Filipinos, government security forces and facilities, and businessmen during any unilateral ceasefire of the government or jointly declared with the Maoist terrorist NPAs, covering many decades ago.

“The 43-years of Maoist terrorism vividly tell us how Maoist terrorist demagoguery has exploited, abused, and insulted all government initiated ceasefire declarations in order to replenish their logistical requirements, expand their areas of operation, and conduct forcible recruitment activities to further advance their inhuman and violent Maoist revolution. In fact, they committed more ceasefire violations compared to those allegedly committed by government during any joint or reciprocal ceasefire,” the ANAD solon explained.

“To show proof, as early as a day after PNoy declared the holiday ceasefire from December 16, 2011 to January 2, 2011, 5 army soldiers of the 36th IB, Phil. Army were killed and 2 wounded by the NPAs in Barangay Mabuhay, Tandag City, Surigao del Sur last Friday morning (December 16); while a retired army soldier was shot by bonnet clad assassins in San Fabian, Echague, Isabela, a trademark of the highly treacherous NPA Sparu hit teams.

To recall, some 10 soldiers of the 63rd IB, PA and 9-year old Joven Cabe were killed when they were ambushed by Maoist terrorist NPAs in the boundary of Las Navas and Catubig towns, in Northern Samar, last Dec. 14, 2010, barely 48 hours before the Christmas truce between the government and the terrorist begins,” he explained.

The former NPA political and commanding officer in Eastern and Central Visayas turned staunch pro-democracy advocate stressed that Maoist communist terrorism cannot and shall never be assuaged by any declaration of ceasefire. “The only language that they understand is that peace shall come after the revolution. Thus, no amount of unilateral ceasefire, to celebrate any and all public occasion, could soften or temper down the Maoist terrorist’s thirst for blood of innocent Filipinos!” Rep. Alcover said.

Rep. Alcover explained that the strategy of then President Ramon Magsaysay should serve as the best model for this administration in dealing with the Maoist terrorists. “President Magsaysay’s carrot-and-stick strategy brought down the very same ideologically inspired insurgency where the full force of the law is applied to those who persist in using the use of arms against government and the Filipino people, while widely opening the doors of reconciliation to those serious in going back to the folds of the law and government,” he added.

“PNoy’s recent unilateral declaration surely will not do any good for the Filipinos whose thirst for peace had been unquenching and unanswered in the past decades. Any ceasefire shall remain an illusion unless PNoy gets back from deep slumbers to boot out those who had been so much engrossed in manipulating government to serve their selfish ends,” Rep. Alcover pointed out.