Cayetano presses De
Lima: Make list public now!
Expose and charge Napoles
clients. Clear the innocent.
By Office of the Senate
April 25, 2014
PASAY CITY – Senate
Majority Leader Alan Peter “Companero” S. Cayetano on Friday
reiterated his call to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima to immediately
make public the affidavit executed by detained businesswoman Janet Lim
Napoles on the P10-billion pork barrel scam.
Cayetano is asking Sec. De
Lima to also verify if people on the list are in fact guilty and are
clients of Napoles, or if their names are simply being dragged into
“Ito na ang sinasabi ko nung
isang araw na habang hindi nilalabas ang affidavit ni Napoles,
maraming mga listahan ang maglalabasan, guguluhin ang issue, at yung
mga guilty ang makikinabang. Ito na nga ang nangyayari,” Cayetano
“Kaya ngayon nagagamit pa
nila napoles at yung mga ibang akusado ang kaguluhan para mawala ang
atensyon sa mga kaso nila.”
Cayetano said that as early
as August last year, he already said the books of his office are open
to the scrutiny of the Commission on Audit (COA) for any irregularity.
“Let me state once again:
Not a single centavo of PDAF from my office went to a Napoles or any
other fake NGO. Everything went directly to the people. In fact, as
early as August of last year, I wrote the COA to audit the books of my
office and I am confident that they will find no irregularity,” he
“Hindi po ako natatakot
harapin ang sambayanang Pilipino dahil wala pong katotohanan itong
lumabas sa Tribune.”
Cayetano said that before
the pork scam issue gets muddled even further, the Filipino people
should have a face-to-face with Napoles through the Senate so that she
can speak and be cross examined.
“Let us also be wary of
black ops and character assassination attempts against the
whistleblowers. Evidence is damning, so all that is left is for the
guilty to muddle the issue and hope for an ally in the Palace in
2016,” he said.